That’s right folks, GIZORAMA is hiring! We’re looking for someone who loves technology more than Kip Dynamite; someone who games harder than Jenkins in episode 147 of South Park. Is that you? We sure hope so.
GIZORAMA’s looking to fill the following positions, requirements & things we’re looking for in both positions are below:
- Reviewing experience is a HUGE plus. If possible we prefer someone who can already melt our hearts with their words without training, however we can train if need be.
- Based in the United States or Europe (this is purely for region restrictions on media), we don’t mind if you live somewhere else but it’ll limit what games we’re able to send your way.
- Access to different devices including gaming consoles, handhelds, mobile devices, etc. The more devices, the more free games you’ll have to choose from.
- Fast turnaround on reviews with the ability to hit deadlines (embargos usually last until the wee hours of morning, can you finish in time?!)
- Live and bleed technology and gaming news
- A strong editorial sense; the ability to filter out important news and package it beautifully to get it up fast for extra traffic
- Basic experience with HTML, FTP, Facebook, Twitter, etc. This can be taught, but we prefer experience.
- Dedication. This can be a 24/7 role, news doesn’t wait for the coffee to finish!
- Ability to record and edit video; including but not limited to inserting music, dialogue, and sound effects, arranging recordings into sequences, etc
- Based in the United States or Europe; the closer you are to a major city the better as events are primarily held in those areas.
GIZORAMA positions are unpaid, however perks including free games & swag, free admission to numerous conventions and expos, and the chance of interviewing those you admire from the gaming community.
If you think you have what it takes and would like to be a part of the team, either e-mail us at: press[at]gizorama[dot]com or head to the contact page here and toss us a message with the subject “Reviewer Position” or “Content Writer Position”. If you think you’re awesome, tell us a little bit about yourself and why you’re perfect for the job. If you’d like to submit any previous work, please submit links or paste it at the bottom of the e-mail, attachments will be skipped!
We look forward to hearing from you.