The first mainstream video game is 40 today and Atari is celebrating with the launch of Pong World. The $50,000 grand prize winner of the Pong Indie Developer Challenge developed by zGames, Pong World is a reimagined take on the pop culture classic and the first-ever official new PONG game for smartphones and tablet devices. In the game, players choose one of many Pong paddles and battle against opponents on various themed boards, experiencing the game in either classic mode or all-new gameplay modes including Blitz and Hotseat.
Pong World features include:
- Wield five different paddles to add your personal touch, with more to unlock, like Shaggy, Chompers and Sir Bouncelot
- Pack your paddle around the world in four levels including the Jungle, Boulevard, Cathedral, and the Moon
- Multiple gameplay modes Classic, Blitz and Hotseat offer a whole new experience to classic PONG gameplay
- Slice through progressing difficulty levels as players hone their touchscreen talents
- Unlock in-game achievements and compare high scores with friends on the leaderboards
Pong World is available now as a free download on the App Store at http://itunes.apple.com/app/id553946340.