FreeStyle Games released the names of 24 additional songs for their upcoming Guitar Hero Live through Rolling Stone magazine today. By the looks of it, there’s just about something for everyone.
From Greenday to Ed Sheeran, from The Black Keys to Skrillex, the sample list boasts quite a few heavy hitters. While this myriad of different styles may seem like a less traveled path for the musical series, FreeStyle swears its for the better, and will appeal to larger crowds.
According to FreeStyle creative director Jamie Jackson during his Rolling Stones interview:
“This is something we gave a load of thought to. Guitar Hero – by its name alone – has always been associated with classic rock tracks. And we know fans really love that type of music. So we wanted to make sure those fans weren’t disappointed. But it’s been 10 years since the first Guitar Hero game came out. When you think of it like that, and think about how much the musical landscape has changed since then – that’s where we’ve been able to explore some new types of musical style as well.”
Check out the alphabetized list below and see if any of your favorites are included. Remember, this is only a small sample of what promises to be an extensive main soundtrack for the game, so don’t fret if your favorites aren’t up here yet!
- The Black Keys – “Gold on the Ceiling”
- Blitz Kids – “Sometimes”
- Ed Sheeran – “Sing”
- Fall Out Boy – “My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)”
- Gary Clark, Jr. – “Don’t Owe You a Thang”
- Green Day – “Nuclear Family”
- The Killers – “When You Were Young”
- The Lumineers – “Ho Hey”
- My Chemical Romance – “Na Na Na”
- Pierce the Veil – “King for a Day (feat. Kellin Quinn)”
- The Rolling Stones – “Paint it Black”
- Skrillex – “Bangarang”
- The War on Drugs – “Under the Pressure”
- Black Veil Brides – “In The End”
- Rage Against the Machine – “Guerrilla Radio”
- Judas Priest – “Breaking the Law”
- Pantera – “Cowboys From Hell”
- Sleigh Bells – “Bitter Rivals”
- System of a Down – “Chop Suey!”
- Alter Bridge – “Cry of Achilles”
- Alt-J – “Left Hand Free”
- Broken Bells – “Leave It Alone”
- Red Hot Chili Peppers – “Higher Ground”
Guitar Hero Live is scheduled to launch later this year along with Rock Band 4, and will be available for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. Rock on, everyone!