After teasing fans with a picture of Han Solo and Luke posing with a tauntaun yesterday, EA has made a huge announcement regarding future free DLC for Star Wars Battlefront, as well as what those who purchase the season pass can expect.
Tomorrow, January 27th, EA will be adding the following free DLC:
- The Tattooine Survival map will now be playable for Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes Vs Villains. The map will be called Raider Camp.
- For completing the Holiday community challenge, all players will receive Hoth skins for both the Han Solo and Luke Skywalker heroes.
- Private matches! Want to mess around with your friends and recreate the battle of Endor the way it should have gone? Hint: Ewok’s don’t win… Now you can! Players will be able to create their own custom games.
- There will now be daily challenges and community events to help band the community together. More news to come about these soon.
- Balancing tweaks (someone please nerf Boba Fett)
Coming in February, also free:
- Brand new Hoth survival mission.
- Brand new Hoth multiplayer map that will support the larger game modes such as Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron, and Turning Point.
- The popular Turning Point game mode will be available on all maps that currently support Walker Assault.
Coming March, also free:
- Brand new Endor multiplayer map that supports the larger game modes such as Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron, and Turning Point.
Season Pass Details:
Star Wars Battlefront Outer Rim (March 2016) – This expansion will add a Jabba’s Palace map, and an additional map on Sullust that is set in the factories. There better be a damned Rancor!
Star Wars Battlefront Bespin (Summer 2016) – One can only hope that Bespin will be as awesome as the original battlefront map, with the chaotic pathways somehow containing AT-STs, while squadrons of cloud cars fight it out overhead.
Star Wars Battlefront Death Star (Fall 2016) – Want to visit the historic location of Obi Wan’s death, or the horrible rebellion terrorist attack? Death star is coming in the Fall! Fingers crossed for a space battle mode!
Star Wars Battlefront Expansion Pack 4 – Title TBA (Early 2017) – More details to come
Wow, that’s a lot of news for EA to drop in one day. Are you excited for the direction Star Wars Battlefront is heading in 2016? Are you as disappointed as I am that we’re not getting playable tauntaun DLC? Let us know in the comments and on Twitter/Facebook.